cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem connecting to Historical Reports in 8.5

sturcott9891
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, we recently had a company come in and upgrade our UCCX, CM, and Unity systems to 8.5.  Problem is we had an issue with one of the guys that did the setup and we couldn't figure out what he set the password to for 'uccxhruser'.  I changed the password in UCCX but the problem is once I did that I can't connect to Historical Reports anymore.  Any way that I can either specify uccxhruser password from within Historical Reports or find out what the default password is for the uccxhruser?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well DE will be Development Engineering. That implies that Cisco TAC don't know the password and have to go to DE to have it set. This will be a shared secret type password and the same on all UCCX systems

I have just done a Wirshark trace while logging in with the HRC on 8.5.1.

One of the things it does is to return an XML document that tells the HRC how to connect to the Informix Database.

In the connection string is UID="uccxhrc" PWD="cisco"

Of course the PWD here may just be a dummy but as its broke anyhow why not try cisco

Graham

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

The uccxhruser is not used by Historical Reports. It is used by external reporting packages such as Crystal Reports to connect to the UCCX Database.

How far is the HR client getting when you try to login?

Graham

Sorry, not uccxhruser but uccxhrc.  It says in the Cicso Wiki "If you change the password for the Informix DB user account 'uccxhrc',  please contact DE to set back the password to the actual one."  What the heck is DE?  If I don't know the actual password, how can I reset it back to the actual password anyway?

Well DE will be Development Engineering. That implies that Cisco TAC don't know the password and have to go to DE to have it set. This will be a shared secret type password and the same on all UCCX systems

I have just done a Wirshark trace while logging in with the HRC on 8.5.1.

One of the things it does is to return an XML document that tells the HRC how to connect to the Informix Database.

In the connection string is UID="uccxhrc" PWD="cisco"

Of course the PWD here may just be a dummy but as its broke anyhow why not try cisco

Graham

Great idea with Wireshark, didn't even think about that.  The password when I tried that was cisco as well so I changed the passwords on both servers to cisco.  Unfortunately it still doesn't work but I tried it on another computer and it worked...so my PC is just jacked up.  I'll keep working on it but at least I know what the password should be!  Thank you!

I have a test program that access the DB on UCCX

The uccxhrc/cisco does not connect so I would be pretty certain the password is not cisco.

So it looks like Cisco TAC case then

Graham

How did you set the "uccxhrc" password?

Graham

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: