Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems to hear prompts

marclongret
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are using Cisco Unified CCX 8.5.1 for a while now, and things are working fine.

We have several applications running with local (LAN) or distant agents (WAN).

We have one site where UCCX cluster is running and CUCM cluster is running and cisco 2811, and one distant site connected through MPLS having a Cisco 2801 gateway.

I tried to implement a new application with a trigger from the distant location (until now, all triggers were created in the same location were uccx servers and cucm servers are located).

When i call the trigger using a phone on the Wan (locally or from distant sites) it works great. When i try to reach the trigger from outside the company (using public network through the distant gateway), application is working fine (agents can receive incoming calls) but i can't hear prompts. I don't have the problem if i create a "main site" trigger.

Hope this is clear and that someone can help me

Best regards

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Marc

First thing I would ask is what is the difference in your configuration for a 'main site' trigger compared to a 'distant site' trigger?

The thing to understand is that if you are configuring locations/device pools, that the trigger is a device that is on the main site where the UCCX server is situated, so you should configure all the triggers consistently as main devices. To do differently might cause odd things to happen, such as forcing use of inappropriate resources such as transcoders from the wrong site.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron, Thanks for your answer.

Well, i have tried to create the "distant" trigger as a "local" trigger (main site device pool, location or CSS), or with a different configuration (using distant device pool, location and CSS).

I also tried to create a distant number forwarded to the trigger, but got the same result.

I think you are right, it is probably a question of bad transcoding, or bad codec, but the problems only occurs when trying to reach the trigger from public phone network. Could it be a bad configuration of the distant gateway ?

Best regards

Hi

Another common reason for silence is a misconfigured language on the trigger - if you set it to a language that doesn't match up the prompts you have, you often get no sounds but the script proceeds fine.

If it's not that, can you describe your layout more?

- Type of gateway/mgcp/h.323 etc

- Codec in use between the gateway region and the uccx region

- Codec set on uccx

- Where are the transcoders if any?

- Are your CTI ports common with other applications or dedicated to this app/trigger? Are they also configured as 'local' or 'remote' devices?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaaron,

i will try to answer your question (even though i am not an expert).

It is not a problem of prompts (language) as if i use a "local" trigger, it works fine

- Gateway is MGCP

- max audio bit rate between the two regions is G729 (8kbps)

- codec set on uccx is G729

- not sure (don't know exactly where to look at), but think it is on main site

- CTI ports are dedicated to this application/trigger. I have tried both configuration without success.

Marc

Hi Marc

When you are configuring as 'local' or 'remote' what are you changing on UCCX?

I'm a little confused now - in your original post you say you don't have the problem if you create a 'main site' trigger. I suggested creating this trigger as a main site trigger, as they are all main site triggers even if the agents are based at a remote site, and the calls originate from a remote site. The same applies for your CTI ports.

Aaron

Sorry Aaron,

it is because i am not an expert so i created confusion.

The parameters I change on a trigger are :

- Device Pool

- Calling Search Space

changing value to the device pool created for the remote site etc

The difference between main site configuration or remote site configuration is the use of the local gateway. In France we have regional numbers. All the triggers created until now were using Paris numbers so using the 2811 gateway to communicate with telephony network. Now, for this new application is using a regional number that will connected to the telephony network using the cisco 2801 on remote site. So that is the difference between local trigger and distant trigger, just the gateway that will be used.

Best regards