Views
Helpful
Replies

Pros/Cons of Using Subdialog instead of Subflow

WaqarHL
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to using Cisco CVP.

I am considering creating a Subdialog for part of the call flow that is currently implemented as a Subflow. My intent is to modularize it so that this Subdialog may also be called by other applications in the future.

I have the following questions:

1. One disadvantage of using a Subdialog instead of a Subflow is that you need to manually pass Session Data. This creates extra work, testing, and the potential for a bug. Has anyone come up with a way to minimize this disadvantage for a Subdialog?

2. As best I can tell, it is not possible to implement a Subdialog Invoke element using Java. Is that correct or do you know of any way to implement the Subdialog Invoke programmatically? The intent here is to address the disadvantage described in Point 1.

3. This discussion suggests there might be a limit on the amount of session data you can pass to a Subdialog. It is not clear if that user was encountering the issue due to a limit (I see no mention of a limit in the documentation for a Subdialog) or some other issue. Does anyone know if there is a limit (or what is the largest amount of key-value pairs you have passed to a Subdialog)?

4. Are there any other disadvantages you have encountered when using a Subdialog?

Thanks in advance for any insights you are able to share!

0 Replies 0