cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Round Robin" type of selction criteria in UCCX

phillip-wright
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyway to setup UCCX 8.0 where it could use a round robin type of selection criteria. in using "Longest Available" it uses the agent that is available the longest while if some other team members log out or go not ready when they return to not ready the calls go the the agent that is longest available.

Can someone explain or demonstrate how I can place agents in a sort of round robin selection criteria so the agent that is longest available does not get pounded. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have heard this request before, although it was for a sales department who wanted to evenly distribute the opportunities. The answer though is you can't, at least not natively. I suggest filing an enhancement request through your Cisco Account Manager.

In theory you could create a overly-complicated script that writes/queries an external database to determine where in the circle the next call should be directed and then use agent-based routing to attempt that agent. This would be a mess though and you would have no CSQ and only application-level reporting.

What if I placed these guys in a resource group as apposed to resource skill and seleted "Circular" as the criteria.

My appologies for this misinformation. I believe you are dead-on there!

If you selected Resource Groups as the Resource Pool Selection Model on the previous page, follow these steps:

Select an option from the Resource Selection Criteria drop-down menu:

Longest Available—Selects the agent who has been in the Available state for the longest amount of time.

Linear—Selects the next available agent with the highest priority, as determined by the agent order in the Resources list.

Circular—Selects the next available agent with the highest priority, based on the last agent selected and the agent order in the Resources list.

Most Handled Contacts—Selects the agent who has answered the most handled calls.

Shortest Average Handle Time—Selects the agent who generally spends the least amount of time talking to customers.

Choose the resource group for this CSQ from the Resource Group drop-down menu.

Click Show Resources icon to show all agents who meet the specified criteria.

If you selected Linear or Circular as the Resource Selection Criteria, if necessary, rearrange the order of agents in the Resources list by highlighting an agent and using the up and down arrows to move the agent in the list.

Click Add to apply changes and update the system.