cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording UCCX IVR interactions using QM?

ANTHONY SCOTT
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Help Desk solution built on UCCX 8.5.1 with QM 8.5.1.

Is it possible to use QM to record calls before they are queued or delivered to an agent, but while they are still

being handled by an IVR application on the UCCX system?

In particular, I want to record one particular application only (one UCCX Trigger), and not any of the other IVR applications

on the system.

I'm assuming that it if could be made to work, it would have to be SPAN/Server mode, but,

the question remains, would it be possible at all?

Regards,

4 Replies 4

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

That is a very good question and rather surprisingly the answer looks to be yes, kind of.

You can't record the Route Point but you can record the CTI port.

In UCCX set the Device Name Prefix of the CTI port to SEP

Add the CTI ports to the Controlled Devices on the QM Jtapi user on CUCM

You can then go into QM Administration and you can add the CTI ports in VOIP Devices.

The downside is you will need to give each CTI port a licensed named recording user.

And as you say it has to be SPAN/Server mode recording and if it does not work I would not call TAC.

This works on my QM Lab on 8.5(2)

Graham

Graham,

Surprise to know that it can be set up this way to record CTI Ports. Could you please provide details about SPAN/Server Mode settings to record CTI Ports? Do you mean to SPAN UCCX Server port? That would be a lot of traffic.

Thanks,

Wenqian

Wenqian

It surprised me that it worked, but then a CTI port looks a like a phone to the system.

I had to name the CTI ports beginning with SEP so that the Voip Devices on QM administrator would find them.

The SPAN setup would be the same as a CCX type recording except you would send it to the QM recorder,

On the switch something like:

monitor session 1 source vlan rx

monitor session 1 destination interface gi???

and the destination interface will be the second NIC on the QM recorder and yes it can be a lot of traffic.

Graham

Great post. Thanks a lot.

Wenqian