cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirect to Voicemail in Script

wshuffman
Level 1
Level 1

We have setup a pattern of ** that if prepended to a phone number will send the call directly to the users voicemail on our Exchange Voicemail.  In a UCCX script I'm trying to send a call to voicemail and preserve caller ID.  If I do a redirect with ** and a number it doesn't work.  I think the redirect sees the ** as a special "extension".  If I do a consult transfer I lose the caller ID.  Is there another way to do this?  Either make the consult transfer preserve caller id or a way to tell redirect to not treat ** as a special extension. 

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe there is a bug on the redirect step for patterns starting with * or #. Create a different pattern and test with that. I'm running to a meeting now but will look for the defect ID later if time allows.

We are running UCCX version 8.0.2.11003-10 if that matters.  I see something in the documentation on UCCX that made it look like the * was considered a special character when doing redirects. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: