cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote silent monitoring

sodaiyappan
Level 1
Level 1

Iam having ICM 5.0 I have a requirement to have my remote supervisor who is sitting in an different country and connect through a IPLC circuit to monitor the local agents we also need to have silent monitoring enabled. Is it possible to have a remote user to listen the calls on a ICM server accross WAN?

5 Replies 5

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Yes, as long as you have CTIos 5.1 installed, Silent Monitoring Enabled, and the agents PC's are connected to the switchport on the back of their IP Phone you can silently monitor them over the WAN. Refer to this link for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/icm/icmentpr/icm50doc/icm5cti/ctios5/sysman.pdf

Andy,

Silent Monitor for IPCC is not the same as Remote Silent Monitor.

Remote silent Monitor allows a supervisor in a remote location use a PSTN phone, dial into a IVR and initiate a Monitoring session to an agent.

Silent Monitor for IPCC - supervisor needs to be in front of a desktop and initiate a monitoring session by clicking a Monitor icon on the desktop. voice packets are played on the multimedia speakers on the supervisor PC.

Remote Silent Monitor is offered on the IPCC Express Product currently. It is not offered for IPCC Enterprise and IPCC Hosted Editions.

Thanks

I was referring to this statement:

"Is it possible to have a remote user to listen the calls on a ICM server accross WAN?"

With IPCC Enterprise and CTIos 5.1 and Supervisor Desktop installed on a machine, it is possible to silent monitor remote agents over the WAN.

/andy

Hi, would you mind give me more information about the Remote Silent Monitor feature?, I can't find any information at the CCO.

Thanks and regards