Views
Helpful
Replies

Router calls offered and Service Level calls offered differences

Deep46
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was checking the definition of router calls offered and service level calls offered. Could anyone please let us know the exact difference between these fields in t_Skill_group_interval table.

Regards

Deepak

5 Replies 5

Deepak,

First, make sure you're not accessing the "t_" tables directly... you should always use the relevant View instead. In this case, "Skill_Group_Interval", not "t_Skill_Group_Interval".

Second, if you haven't already looked, please consult the "UCCE Database Schema" for your version of UCCE.

For any 30-minute interval, you will likely see differences in RouterCallsOffered and ServiceLevelCallsOffered, due to the way they are counted. ServiceLevelCallsOffered is only incremented when the call reaches a Service Level Event (call answered, abandoned, redirected, or still unanswered within threshold). If you have a 60-second Service Level threshold, calls can have their SLCO incremented anywhere between 0-60 seconds after entering queue, depending on the call.  Meanwhile, RouterCallsOffered will be incremented as soon as the call enters queue.

In general, ServiceLevelCallsOffered should only be used for calculating Service Level statistics. Its counting methods are consistent with the way that all other Service Level fields are counted.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi Jameson,

Thanks for the reply.

I went through the database schema .I have some doubts regarding the terminologies.

1. The component of redirect calls - Would like to know what it would be .

2. The component - still unanswered within threshold . Would this mean the calls queued longer than SL .which means all the remaining calls which were offered to this skillgroup. Hence would like to know if the Service level calls offered should be equal to Router calls offered.

3. I observe that Service level calls offered were less than the calls answered field. Would like to know the possible reasons. I was initially thinking that there are might be calls overlapping but its not so as per my testing. Please help.

Testing performed :

Added to this , there is one more field called "Calls offered" and i observe that this is incremented when the calls are answered.

I performed to test "Service Level calls offered, calls offered , Calls answered and Router calls offered" .

I made a test call and queued skillgroup at 2:27 pm and made to be in queue and answered in next interval 2:32 pm (crossing reporting interval)

I observe the below,

In 2:15 interval for the skillgroup , 

Router calls offered = 1 , Calls offered = 0 , Calls answered = 0 , Service Level calls offered = 0

In 2:30 interval for the skillgroup,

Router calls offered = 0 , Calls offered = 1, Calls answered = 1 , Service Level calls offered = 1

Would like to know if this are correct values.

Deepak,

Can you provide more information about your setup? Are you using IP-IVR or CVP? Is CUCM your PBX, or some other system? How is the call originating? What is the Service Level Threshold for the Skill Group that you are reporting on? This will all potentially affect how these statistics are counted.

By "Redirect Calls", I was referring to any call that was queued to multiple Skill Groups, and answered by one besides the one you're reporting on.

By "still unanswered within threshold", I was referring to any call that was still in queue when the Service Level Threshold was reached for that call.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi Jameson,

Thanks for the response.

1. We are using CVP in our system.

2. CUCM is the PBX

3 Calls are originated from CUBE -> CUSP -> CVP

4 SL threshold is set as 15 seconds

Regards

Deepak

Deepak,

In that case, I would have expected the following:

• CallsOffered and RouterCallsOffered incremented as soon as the Skill Group is queued to.
  • ServiceLevelCallsOffered incremented when the call has queued to the Skill Group for 15 seconds.
  • CallsAnswered incremented when the call has been answered.
  • CallsHandled incremented when the wrap-up has been completed for the call.

-Jameson

-Jameson