cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing Calls when UCCX is unavailable

NRichie_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with a client that would like to configure the system to route calls when the UCCX server is unavailable for whatever reason.  Note that they are not interested in an HA solution at this point.

The only option I see in the trigger configuration screen is the option is to configure the "Forward Busy" settings.  After I set this and resync the triggers, it appears in the "Forward Busy External" of the DN in CUCM. 

I have setup a hunt pilot for the agents and I configured the "Forward Busy" to route calls to the Hunt Pilot.  Will this forward calls when the CTI route point is not registered? I would like to ensure I am thinking this through correctly before taking the call center offline for testing.

Thanks in advance,

Nathan Richie

CCIE#27910

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

I've set up the Call forward settings in CUCM for the CTI route point DN as follows:

Forward Busy Internal / External

Forward on CTI failure

Forward Unregistered Internal / External

That covered the scenarios that I've tested with.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

I've set up the Call forward settings in CUCM for the CTI route point DN as follows:

Forward Busy Internal / External

Forward on CTI failure

Forward Unregistered Internal / External

That covered the scenarios that I've tested with.

Thanks for your speedy response. 

So you manually configure them in CUCM, correct? 

Regards,

Nathan Richie

CCIE#27910

Correct - I haven't had any issues doing it this way.

Thanks Brian!

In addition make sure you do not include the agent ACD DNs in the Line Group as that is not supported, it works but Cisco is very clear about not supporting ACD DNs in any line groups.

Assign the agents' primary DNs to the line groups instead.

HTH,

Chris