cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Salesforce Service Cloud Voice contacts Omni-Channel (CCX / UCCE / PCCE)

james.irwin
Level 4
Level 4

I have a customer who is using Salesforce Service Cloud for email and chat.  They have a (non-Cisco) contact center for voice and the two solutions are not integrated; causing issues for agents who are trying to juggle email/chat and voice demands simultaneously.

I have an opportunity to show them CCX and UCCE/PCCE for their 100 agent contact center.  The B+S connector has not been well received as the customer points out they are Salesforce sales cloud oriented and not service cloud oriented.  The interface shown on their demos and data sheets are not acceptable.  B+S is not responding favorably to overcome those objections.

Service Cloud offers 'everything' except voice contacts.  Salesforce is acting like I am asking for something has never been done before.  What contact center has only email and chat and does not also have voice?  I have found fragments of answers alluding to a potential solution (Omni-Channel “control”), but no solid evidence of an actual solution.

What am I missing?  How do other companies solve for this?  We are looking for a solution that uses the Salesforce Service Cloud as the only agent "desktop".  That single pane of glass must have Presence knowledge of all contact types including email, chat and voice queues; see Salesforce presence Omni-Channel “control”:  http://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer15/release-notes/rn_omnichannel_announcement.htm

The graphic in the release notes shows a voice channel, but the configuration guides and solution briefs act like it does not exist.

Has anyone had any expereince with this Omni-Channel “control”?  If so, it is integrated with a contact center like Cisco or is it independent?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Derek Cooke
Level 4
Level 4

Hi James:  InGenius Connector Enterprise from InGenius may be able to help you with this issue.

We integrate Salesforce with Cisco UCM/CCX/UCCE at multiple sites. Please reply.