Views
Helpful
Replies

Script Editing

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I have a script that I'm trying to modify to when no agents are logged in it plays the office is closed message. I have no experience with scripting so I opened a TAC case and he informed me that TAC isn't allow to work on script editing. So he sent me the steps to do it and I followed them but still when you call the trigger the call just hangs up when no one is logged in He told me to go into the media folder and take a play prompt and stick it between closed and end call and then click on the play prompt and go to properties and then go to the prompt tab. I went there and then I click on the down arrow and I don't see the wav file that I uploaded as an option. So he told me to manually type the name In the field  and save it and then call the trigger again, I did and the call still hangs up. I wanted to know can one of you UCCX geniuses tell me what I'm doing wrong.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It sounds to me like the file is in the incorrect format for UCCX.  Do you know if your server is set to use G711 or G729?

You can verify by navigating to System > System Parameters in the section Media Parameters you will see the option for Codec. 

You can go to g711.org to convert the file to the correct format.

Assuming your deployment is G.711: BroadWorks Classic (8Khz, Mono, u-law)

can't confirm that the G.729 option will as I have not run across any G.729 deployments.  You may need to try another application like Goldwave or Audacity.

DJ

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

djlundberg
Level 5
Level 5

Hello-

It sounds like the script doesn't know where the wav file you're trying to play lives on the server. 

When you go into the properties of the Play Prompt step under the Prompt tab press the right most drop down arrow.  It will have three dots below it when you hover over it.  That will take you into the Expression Editor.  From there you can click on the Prompt tab on the bottom of the window.  At that point you should see a 'Browse Prompts' button. Click on the button and then select the 'Prompt Repository' link on the left hand side of the screen. From there you will need to navigate to the directory that you saved the prompt.  Save your changes to the script, upload and refresh the application and give it another test.

I will ask:  Are you supporting multiple languages on this server or is it only English?

Thanks,

DJ

It's funny you responded because the TAC engineer did call me back and he did exactly what you just outlined. But now I have another issue the file the user sent me for the prompt I think not in the correct format because when I log out of finesse it goes to the prompt now but all I get is a bunch of static. The engineer told me that it need to be converted to the correct format for UCCX, what could I use to correctly format the wav file so it will be usable.

It sounds to me like the file is in the incorrect format for UCCX.  Do you know if your server is set to use G711 or G729?

You can verify by navigating to System > System Parameters in the section Media Parameters you will see the option for Codec. 

You can go to g711.org to convert the file to the correct format.

Assuming your deployment is G.711: BroadWorks Classic (8Khz, Mono, u-law)

can't confirm that the G.729 option will as I have not run across any G.729 deployments.  You may need to try another application like Goldwave or Audacity.

DJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: