Views
Helpful
Replies

Scripting issue - web page / external application

pciborowski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm creating url in my script and I would like to open webpage in CAD.

How to do it?

I see two possibilites, first one is to run external application, like iexplorer + url, and it should run Internet Explorer with this opened this particular page.

I tried some java code: Runtime.getRuntime().exec("notepad.exe")

Of course "notepad.exe" is only for example. But it doesn't work, I have error during debuggin:

"Connot run program "notepad.exe" : java.io.IOException: error-13, Permission denied;"

Second possibility is to open page internal in CAD, but I have not idea how to do this.

Regards

Przemek

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You tries running notepad from within a script? You can't do that.

You need to download and install the Cisco Desktop Administrator in order to create tasks for agents which either launch automatically based on events, or manually via buttons in the UI.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thank you for reply.

Maybe I should write little more detailed explanation.

I have a String in script, String url = "http://1.1.1.1/something?=arg1,arg2"

I have all parts of url, base and arguments.

I need to run web browser with this page, e.g. iexplorer.exe http://1.1.1.1/something?=variable1,variable2

If it is possible, I can show this page in CAD.

Regards.

Thank you for clarifying.

If you want to pop the page within CAD or outside of CAD, you need to download and install CDA.

At a high level, you need to:

1. In CDA configure enterprise variables and a layout that uses them

2. Configure your script to pass the values via enterprise variables and selects the proper layout

3. Configure a workflow group, CAD UI, task button, and action to pop the web page

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: