Helpful
Replies

Scripting - IVR to send e-mail

AOMD
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

Good day 

I have an idea to create IVR options with a list of several services to a customer. Once the customer chooses from the option, she/he will be asked to enter her/his identification number which will be matched with the stored one in the database. if it is matched, then an email will be sent to the requester for c and to the concerned confirmation in receiving the request as well as to the one who will provide the service.

Is this scenario possible to achieve, if it is, may you please share your ideas, the requirements,   any sample script...

many thanks to you

Ahmed 

many Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then you have access to the email functionality in UCCX, for the purposes of sending emails out from a Script. Not inbound email routing. That would require SocialMiner. I know you didn't ask about inbound, but I thought I'd mention it for the future benefit, should you wonder about it. ;)

Ok, so first up, you need to configure an SMTP relay server, and From Address, in UCCX AppAdmin under Subsystem > eMail.

Then, you need to edit your Script to have:

1) A new variable of type Contact, which pertains to the email you're about to send
2) Create eMail step - Use this step to define your Subject Line, Body Content and the new Contact variable
3) Attach to eMail step - Use this step to define your Contact variable, and any Document variables/literal you may wish to attach to the email.
4) Send eMail step - Use this step to define your Contact variable, specify a different From Address from what you defined in AppAdmin, and finally, your To recepient of the email.

And that should do it.

You might have some trouble with the Document attachment, if you're not already familiar with UCCX Documents.

You might also have some trouble with getting the caller's email address, if you're not already setup to look up that info in the database.

Just keep replying with any issues you run into.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Is your IVR product called Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX), or something else?

Hi 

thank you for your reply. Yes it is uccx with premium license. 

Then you have access to the email functionality in UCCX, for the purposes of sending emails out from a Script. Not inbound email routing. That would require SocialMiner. I know you didn't ask about inbound, but I thought I'd mention it for the future benefit, should you wonder about it. ;)

Ok, so first up, you need to configure an SMTP relay server, and From Address, in UCCX AppAdmin under Subsystem > eMail.

Then, you need to edit your Script to have:

1) A new variable of type Contact, which pertains to the email you're about to send
2) Create eMail step - Use this step to define your Subject Line, Body Content and the new Contact variable
3) Attach to eMail step - Use this step to define your Contact variable, and any Document variables/literal you may wish to attach to the email.
4) Send eMail step - Use this step to define your Contact variable, specify a different From Address from what you defined in AppAdmin, and finally, your To recepient of the email.

And that should do it.

You might have some trouble with the Document attachment, if you're not already familiar with UCCX Documents.

You might also have some trouble with getting the caller's email address, if you're not already setup to look up that info in the database.

Just keep replying with any issues you run into.

thank you for your help and suggestion 

I though I may use the directory as my cucm already is connected to it. 

I will keep you updated and  if any one has a sample script, please share it here. 

Regards 

Ahmed