Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set Password Policy For System Administrator Account in UCCE Servers

Hi All,

We want to setup a password policy ( expires in 30 days) for the local administrator account in all our UCCE servers.

We found that the all the UCCE services are running in local system account except logger and distributor( these services are running in domain user account).

Is it a supported configuration ? Are there any impacts with this setting ?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Thanks and Regards,

Thammaya

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, no, there should not be a problem with setting a password policy for the local Administrator account. G.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

what is the UCCE (~ ICM) version? Is there OS hardening applied?

By the way, yes, if you mean the local "administrator" account, you can do whatever you want to do with it, provided you don't lock yourself out - this should not happen, naturally, having all ICM servers in the domain and you can always use the domain admin (or a user belonging to the domain admins group).

By the way, I don't really see the meaning of having a local administrator account being enabled. :-)

G.

Hi G,

Thanks for your response!

Your are right I meant the "local administrator" account of the servers.  Yes, all the servers are part of domain and we do have domain account  as part of the local administrator group.

So, I hope there should not be a problem.

Please confirm!

Thanks and Regards,

Thammaya Gupta K.

Hi G,

Sorry I missed OS and ICM version. It is ICM version 8.0 and OS version Windows 2003

Thanks and Regards,

Thammaya Gupta K.

Hi, no, there should not be a problem with setting a password policy for the local Administrator account. G.

Hi G,

Thanks for your update.

Regards,

Sundar