Views
Helpful
Replies

Silent Monitor new installation

justine.joubran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have CTIOS already working properly (agents can login and receive calls).

I am adding the silent monitoring. I have added the configuration from the server side (CTIOS based - listen port 42228 - i have added the peers which are ProggerA and ProggerB)

On the agent's PC, I have installed the Silent Monitor and configured port 42228 and entered the peers as well.

The agent's PC is directly connected to the hard IP phone 7945.

When running a test call, I get the following error:

[Error Code = 0x00000012]:

Silent Monitor session failed.

Please contact your system administrator

Any suggestion?

3 Replies 3

justine.joubran
Level 1
Level 1

I also need to mention the following:

telnet proggerA 42228  --> unsuccessful

telnet proggerA 42028  --> successful

Port for Silent Monitoring 42228 is not listening. I have tried to remove Silent Monitoring feature and reinstalling it again but the error remains the same.

Which are the logs that need to be checked in this case?

Hello Jonathan,

I didn't mention that I am installing the Silent Monitoring feature on Contact Center Enterprise. I am using CTIOS based Silent Monitoring and not CCM based Silent Monitoring (I am not using CAD).

The chosen NIC is from Cisco's supported list of Network Cards for Silent Monitoring.

Agents are using Windows7.

Thanks,

Justine.

Jonathan Cary
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Justine,

1. Which version of UCCX are you running?  If it's 8.x and you're running CAD, try running the NICQ tool in C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin on the agent's desktop and see if your NIC is supported.

2. Are you setting up CAD or SPAN monitoring?

3. Are you using CAD or IPPA?  If CAD, which version of Windows are on the agents' machines?