Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Silent monitoring not working, UCCX version 8

Hello,

Silent Monitoring is not working for one agent, I reinstalled the CTIOS agent desktop three times and still not working.  I had him use another computer with the same phone and still not working. It has Realtek PCIe NIC card installed and its HP compaq dx2400 computer.  Can it be something on the phone that needs to be configured or something I need to configure in AW for his profile?

5 Replies 5

try this user with a working PC and IP Phone

If not work, then there is a issue with the user conf

check if this user is added to the voice monitor profile server

Regards

Haitham

Which server is the voice monitor profile server, is it the AW server and where should I check. Keep in mind the user is able to receice calls but we cannot do silent monitoring.

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

Two things:

1. There's a known bug in 8.0 with monitoring that has been fixed as of 8.5 SU2
  2. There's an installer bug in CAD that copies spcd.sys to the wrong folder on a 64-bit install (verified in Windows 7 at least).

For #2, you can resolve by copying c:\windows\syswow64\drivers\spcd.sys to c:\windows\system32\drivers\spcd.sys on the machine of the person you're trying to monitor.  I'm waiting on a bug ID for this one, as I actually found it while on with TAC to troubleshoot it.

Its a windows XP  computer.

ok, the usual suspects we've found are:

1. Computer and desk phone not properly connected.  Computer network cable should connect to phone, and phone should connect to LAN jack.
  2. Network card not supported, or not configured for promiscuous mode.
  3. Potentially a software firewall can block this.  We don't run XP, but have seen Windows Firewall block this on Vista and 7 occasionally.

Can you confirm which monitoring strategy you're using?  VOIP Monitor Server would require port spanning/traffic mirroring on the LAN, whilst the recommended approach of software-based monitoring does not.

If you could provide more info on the setup, and whether this worked before or not, that'd be helpful.