cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sizing a Call into Database

souzaan
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to size of a call (in Kb) in the longest path? I mean, a Call that goes from MSC to the IVR (prerouting) and then to an agent (postrouting), transfered once, and finaly it is normaly ended.

Is it possible to get this?

3 Replies 3

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

the data 'size' of a call is dependent on two things:

1) codec(s) used for the call

2) duration of call

are you asking to know the total size in KB of a call from connect to disconnect through all of the call legs you've stated above? if so, you must determine the codecs used for all call legs so you can determine their required bandwidth, then add them together multiply this by the duration of the call. (in seconds usually)

also, during an active call, you can press the '?' key twice on the cisco ip phone. this will bring up the statistics of the call where you can see the total number of sender & receiver packets and Size in ms.

I am so sorry ?cause I forgot to explain. But please, let me do it better.

We don?t have CallManagers. Our scenario is a Cellular CallCenter with a ICM Enterprise, where two NICs are connected to the MSC cloud, and the PGs are connected to the IVR, PBX and ACDs.

My questioning is is about a calling that was received by MSC, signaling to NIC, and then to IVR, from this to PBX, after to a Agent, and then transfered to a right skill and finaly calling is hanged up.

What is the lenght of this call (register) into the into the SQL tables?

I would like to estimate the database size for the future expansion.

Regards.

see this following link for Sizing Call Centers:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1844/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a008057a628.html

as far as database size, see this link for SQL sizing: (from the ICM logger/database installation checklilst)

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps1001/c1097/ccmigration_09186a00800f06a9.pdf