Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

skills upgrade from cisco uccx to ucce

folks,

we have plan to change cisco uccx to PCCE, how difficult to change the script and knowledge?

can it be done within few weeks time to learn and able to support and make script in PCCE ?

what is quick training and book  learn?  does cisco TAC suppor the script flow if we need help?

tks,

K

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

UCCX and UCCE are completely different animals, there is no upgrade path. The architecture is completely different where in CCX you have 1 or 2 servers doing all functions and in UCCE you have multiple components responsible for different features.  I suggest you review the UCCE SRND for more details. The script themselves are not portable between the applications, as in UCCE you develop ICM scripts and optional separate IVR scripts (these days CVP rather than IP-IVR would be used). So, all scripts have to be rebuilt.

UCCE including P-CCE can only be installed by certified partner (not every Cisco partner) as there are strict guidelines and approval process, so I suggest you engage them to provide more information.

View solution in original post

It is not different at all.

Yes, customers can call TAC directly, but as with anything else TAC is there to fix issues not to consult on configuration, they will only review script (CCX or CCE) if they feel they could be causing the outage, or issue, but typically will not if call flow does not work as you expect it to.

In order to get TAC support you the UCCE licensing needs to be under valid support contract.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

UCCX and UCCE are completely different animals, there is no upgrade path. The architecture is completely different where in CCX you have 1 or 2 servers doing all functions and in UCCE you have multiple components responsible for different features.  I suggest you review the UCCE SRND for more details. The script themselves are not portable between the applications, as in UCCE you develop ICM scripts and optional separate IVR scripts (these days CVP rather than IP-IVR would be used). So, all scripts have to be rebuilt.

UCCE including P-CCE can only be installed by certified partner (not every Cisco partner) as there are strict guidelines and approval process, so I suggest you engage them to provide more information.

Thanks for the insight.

hi Chris,

How different UCCE and PCCE in term of supporting the script and routing ,etc ?

Can client call to Cisco TAC directly without go thru certified partner  to support this UCCE /PCCE , and what service to buy from cisco  for this type of support?

K

It is not different at all.

Yes, customers can call TAC directly, but as with anything else TAC is there to fix issues not to consult on configuration, they will only review script (CCX or CCE) if they feel they could be causing the outage, or issue, but typically will not if call flow does not work as you expect it to.

In order to get TAC support you the UCCE licensing needs to be under valid support contract.

Chris,

- can we just use ICM scripting  ?

- in what case we need to use CVP scripting?

- where can I get sample ICM and CVP scriptings?

tks,

K

- can we just use ICM scripting  ?

Yes, you can use MicroApps to play prompts, collect digits, etc in ICM script without the need for CVP scripts

- in what case we need to use CVP scripting?

Any case, CVP is powerful IVR engine, and CVP studio can do a lot of stuff, including very complex self service call flows with web services, DB lookups, etc.

- where can I get sample ICM and CVP scriptings?

I am not aware of public repository, but you can look through guides: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_10_5_1/User/Guide/UCCE_BK_S3C7A1B5_00_scripting-and-media-routing-guide.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp10_0/feature/guide/CCVP_BK_FA976D84_00_feature-guide-for-cisco-customer/CCVP_BK_FA976D84_00_feature-guide-for-cisco-customer_chapter_01.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/unified-customer-voice-portal/products-programming-reference-guides-list.html

There are obviously official Cisco instructor led classes, youtube videos, etc.

Thanks Chris,

I didn't find much on CVP script on youtube yet, seem voicebootcamp.com have ICM  but not CVP script.

- Do we need to know java and programming to make common script  on CVP ?

( I don't know programming, but able to make script for UCCX and get Contact Center run), is it the same case on CVP?

- can we only use CVP script and not ICM to run UCCE (means is it all ICM script replaceable by CVP script) ?

tks,

K

No, you do not need to know Java to build CVP studio scripts, it's useful if you need to add some custom stuff or develop custom elements, but not needed for most things as you get pre-defined out of the box elements.

You can have CVP stand-alone deployment (described in CVP SRND) for self-service apps, etc. but if you need to send calls to agents at some points you need ICM and need to route through ICM script.

UCCE == ICM + CUCM + IVR (either CVP or IP-IVR)

thanks ,

so in PCCE , we always use CVP and no IP IVR ?

and when we use vxml is always tied to CVP  and not IP IVR?

regards,

k

Correct, Packaged UCCE is CVP only:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Packaged_CCE

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/customer-collaboration/packaged-contact-center-enterprise/datasheet-c78-734486.html

VXML works only with CVP, IP-IVR uses built in voice response within the server, CVP requires VXML to process the VRU.