Views
Helpful
Replies

System ID for VXML Server

velkrish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

After we install the CVP VXML server, we need to install the License file for VXML server. To generate license file, we need to provide "system ID". We can get this system ID from Opsconsole of CVP

The following are my questions:

1. What is this system ID? Is it mapped with MAC address of the computer/system?

2. Will each system create different system ID?

3. Can I transfer the VXML license from one CVP VXML server to another CVP VXML server?. If yes, what about the system ID? If possible, provide details.

Thanks

Velan

2 Replies 2

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

The system ID is completely unique per physical server. To transfer the license to a new machine you will need to contact TAC and have them generate a ticket with licensing. It sucks I know, I've dealt with more licensing issues and CVP then most, hehe ;)

Cheers,

Chad

For customer production equipment, Chad is correct. Open a TAC case.

To your questions ...

1. sort of.

You can see how it works if you install CVP on a VM where you can generate the same MAC address. Even if the MAC address is the same, if the IP address is different, you will see a different System ID. I don't know the algorithm, but I played with it a lot. It's kind of fun.

2. sort of

3. not normally. With VMs where the MAC address can be maniplulated, even if the System IDs are different, the same licence file will sometimes work. It's pretty bizarre, and just for labs. But this is what I found.

Regards,

Geoff