Views
Helpful
Replies

The original DNIS after a translation pattern

Yuriy Ivkin
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

Is there any way how I can get the original DNIS in UCCX script which came at the CUCM and walked through a translation pattern ? The Original Called Number from the Get Call Contact Info shows the translated number.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

8 Replies 8

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you are saying Translated Number, do you mean the number of Translation Pattern or the CTI Route Point. What do you get if you choose Dialed Number or Called Number fields in the Get CAll Contact Info step

Edit to the Original Post : Also try Last Redirect Number field

Regards

Deepak

Hello Deepak,

Schema of the call:

Calling party(ANI +79XXXXXXXXX) -> CUCM (DNIS +7495XXXXXXX) -> Translation pattern (DNIS +7495XXXXXXX -> 6XXX1) -> CTI RP (6XXX1) -> UCCX (DNIS 6XXX1) -> Script (Get Call Contact Info:Called Number = 6XXX1, Original Called Number = 6XXX1, Dialed Number = 6XXX1).

Last Redirected Number is Null.

Just checked in my lab this is working as Design since UCCX will only be able to show the Original Called Number when it will get the same from CUCM. However, in case of call hitting the Translation Pattern, the called/calling number resets to whatever transformation you are doing to the Calling/Called number and therefore, it always send the CTI Route Point as the Called Number to UCCX and thus Get Call Contact Info Step shows the same

You can probably change this behavior by doing below:

Go to CUCM > System > Service Parameters, select the Publisher server and the Cisco Call Manager service you can search for the entry called "Always Display Original Dialed Number". By default this entry is setup as "False" and when this is false it will display the connected number (in your case the trigger). If you would like to see the original dialed number you will need to change that parameter as "True" but that is a field that affects all calls in CUCM so, every time someone calls to the system will see the original dialed number and not the connected number.

Alternatively, you can create your CTI Route Point exactly as the DNIS coming from the PSTN e.g., if the DNIS is 408 895 9123 create the CTI Route Point as 408 895 9123

I cannot think of any other alternative apart from the above unfortunately.

Regards

Deepak

The second method is unacceptable, because I need to aggregate multiple incoming called numbers and route all calls from them to the single CTI RP. I'll think anout the first method.

Thank you for your answers!

Greetings!

I've tried the first method. Result the same (the Called Number,the Original Called Number and  the Dialed Number are still equal to CTI RP DN).

Did you ever find a way to get this working?  I really don't want to tell my customer that their new Cisco system can't do what their 20 year old PBX can do.

Does anyone from Cisco have anything to add on this issue before I tell the customer that the product just won't do it??  This seems shortsighted to not have the ability to do this, considering there are three different options on the step Original, Redirected, and Called that all results in the triggers number.  It seems like it should work or was suppose to but someone dropped the ball.

It's as if Cisco has no idea how customers use their products lol

No, I didn't.

Thanks for the response.  I actually found a way to get it to work.  Use a 10 digit directory number (not associated to a device) and forward the calls to the trigger, the data for "Original Called Number" in the contact info step will work.  I set this up and tested it for one number with no issues.  I'll be doing the other 50 later this week.

Hope this helps,

Craig

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: