Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer a call on IVR with possibility to tread ring no answer

matthiasgreiner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

My name is Matthias Greiner and I work for Getronics Switzerland as an Application Engineer for IPCC.

For one of our customers we would like to transfer a contact center call via ICM/IVR to a PSTN extension. The main requirement is that if there's no answer at the first number we have take the call back and try a second, third,… number. If the called number is answered the contact center call shall be transferred to this number.

I found two possibilities to do this. Unfortunately both have at least one problem:

1) IVR - Call Redirect: In my opinion it's not possible to treat ring no answer.

2) IVR - Place Call: If outgoing call is answered (Successful branch) how do I transfer the contact center call?

The software versions we use are: CCM3.3(3), ICM5.0, Cisco CRS 3.1(3).

Hope somebody can help me. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mathias

3 Replies 3

wiwebb
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately, you are correct in both scenarios. Until CRS 4.x, which introduces a Call Consult Transfer (supervised transfer) step, you are left with 2 options:

1. Use the place call step, and off the "Successful" branch, disconnect the outbound call and Redirect the originall caller. Not pretty, but it works.

2. Check the CRS Script Repository, which I believe has a sample of a pre-4.x "consult transfer" app that uses a custom Java class.

- Bill

- Bill

How can I use contact object in Successful branch?

I would like to connect/join Triggering contact and the new one.