Replies

UCCE 10.5 Logger Replication listen High Visible Address

andrea.pace
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

my problem is very simple to describe:

I have a Logger with the following visible addresses:

10.243.77.50 (normal) and 10.243.77.49 (high).

The second one is the High Priority Address on visible LAN.

When I start the processes, I see that Replication process is listening on 10.243.77.49 instead of 10.243.77.50: so the replication process on HDS cannot connect to the same process on Logger.

On Logger configuration there are not any visible address but only the Private ones (router and logger) so I would exclude some process configuration problem.

I'am wondering if there is a manner to resolve the problem or I must to switch the roles of the IP Addresses in:

10.243.77.49: normal

10.243.77.50: high

Thanks a lot for any help,

Andrea

4 Replies 4

I could be wrong but HDS doesnt connect to the Logger directly, as you said, the logger doesnt have visible configuration, the HDS connects to the Router and not to logger, and then the router communicates with the logger.

Amer

Hi Amer,

HDS must to be connect to Logger for Replication and Recovery processes...

In any case we have effectively a rogger, so with visible and visible high IP Addresses.
If I execute a "netstat -an" command from this rogger, I can see the connection with the Domain Controller: but all from the "wrong" IP Address 10.243.77.49.
My collegues suggested me to launch the follow DOS command:

Netsh int ipv4 add address <Interface Name> <ip address> skipassource=true

where <ip address> is the "wrong" (secondary) address.

We'll see...

Thanks a lot and have a good day,

Andrea

I was reading about this in the SRND Guide:

• Unified CCE Logger and Database Server The Unified CCE Logger and DatabaseServer maintain the system database for the configuration (agent IDs, skill groups, call types, and so forth) and scripting (call flow scripts) as well as the historical data from call processing. The Loggers receive data from their local Call Router process to store in the system database. Because the Call Routers are synchronized, the Logger data is also synchronized. In the event that the two Logger databases are out of synchronization, they can be resynchronized manually by using the Unified ICMDBA application over the private LAN. The Logger also provides a replication of its historical data to the customer Administration & Data Server over the visible network.

I have never installed a Logger standalone but according to this it seems that it is required to have visible and private on the logger and on the router, i dont know if it is okay to use the visible (LAN) ip as private while it must be used for heartbeat.

I understand that your problem is another thing completely which is wrong selection of IP (normal and high).

It will be nice if you can share you finding after you do the above plan.

Amer

Hi Amer,

it seems to work fine!!

So you must to delete your actual secondary address (the "set" option does not have the SkipAsSource option) and re-insert it with the command:

Netsh int ipv4 add address "Public" 10.243.77.48/23 SkipAsSource=true

where "Public" is the name of the interface and "/23" is the mask (255.255.254.0 in my case).

Now the Logger process Replication is listening on .50 address and the HDS is correctly connected with his replication process. Great!!

I hope it is useful to someone.

Andrea