cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE Original CLID

kazootek
Level 1
Level 1

I've built some logic into one of our Call Flow Scripts that looks for CLID and acts based on matches.  I'm trying to determine if there is a way to match on the 'Original' CLID? 

We've had a handful of comments that calls are not being treated as expected.  On investigation we're finding that callers have called in to a different call flow, gotten to an agent and that agent has then transferred the caller into the 'correct' call flow.  This now, however, masks the Original CLID with the first Agent's CLID and therefore bypasses the logic that directs the call accordingly.  

I've got a solution, but it's a mess (assigning a Peripheral Variable based on a CLID Match at the beginning of all entry point scripts, then basing routing logic on that Peripheral Variable, rather than CLID), there has to be more elegant way.

Anyone found a formula that works?  Something like 'Call.OriginalCallingLineID=' (not valid obviously).

Thanks,

Tyler

1 Reply 1

Your Peripheral Variable match is likely going to be the best way to go, I wouldn't say it is messy, that's pretty common from what I've seen.