cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 10.6 subscriber migration (IP and hostname change)

Cristian Boboc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to migrate/move the UCCX 10.6 subscriber from the existing location to a different site. This involves changing the IP address, default gateway and the hostname.

The documentation I found doesn't provide information about this type of migration only for changing the IP address or hostname.

My intention is to shutdown the subscriber, delete the CUCM integration (CTI ports, DN, jtapi user...), delete the subscriber from the primary cluster page,  restart the primary server,  add the new subscriber information on the UCCX primary, install the new UCCX subscriber, integrate it with CUCM, update the CAD with the new subscriber information.

There are some other steps i have to do but, my concern is if this is the right way to do it.

I don't want to loose the UCCX functionality too much as the organization is running 24/7.

Did anyone have experience with this type of change? There are any other steps/issues i should be aware of?

Thank you

Cris

3 Replies 3

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since you are moving the secondary server this should be the easiest approach. Secondly, there is no need to delete the CTI ports, DN, jtapi user from CM before the rebuilt of subscriber at the new site as the information will still remain on UCCX since there is no way to delete the stuff related to secondary server only from UCCX. Hence you should only delete the entry of secondary server from System >> Server followed by restart of primary server. Post this, you can add new secondary server information on the UCCX primary and install the new UCCX subscriber then and complete Add to Cluster operation.

At this point, UCCX primary should force all the information related to jtapi user, ports etc and create whatever is missing against the new secondary UCCX IP Address automatically or will prompt you to do so. Also there is no need to update CAD post install manually, simply download the Client Configuration Tool from newly built secondary server and run it from any PC in the network post which all the CAD/CSD clients will automatically update their Post Install information.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

I am also Planning to Migrate the UCCX Cluster Publisher and subscriber to new data center with new Ip address and Hostname.

I have few Queries.

1. How Would I migrate the database because in new data center the UCCX will have new IP address and Hostname..?

Current Version: 9.1 and will migrate and upgrade to 11.5 version.

Can you please advise the best way to do the UCCX migration with New IP and hostname.

tracy.holland3
Level 1
Level 1

Were you successful with Deepak's recommendations?  I am going to be doing the same thing on 9/12/17.