cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 12.0 - Changing Order of Reason Codes and implications to historical reporting

JonesR
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day everyone.

I have been asked by our CCT to find out if it is possible to change the order of our reason codes when presented within the drop-down list within Finesses. I am assuming here the only way to do this is by changing the number of each?

Would this change affect historical reporting values to the new version?

Is this even possible, has anyone done this before what was your experience? 

Many thanks,

Rich

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I'm actually more thinking it's alphabetical and not numeric. What I see some customers doing is, they put the same number, as a prefix to the name.

E.g., If you had this: Lunch then you change it to 1-Lunch

However, note that it's not numeric order, so 1-Lunch and 11-Break would be next to each other, leaving 2-Meeting separated from 1-Lunch. To avoid this, you could always use two digit numbers. I.e., 01-Lunch

And yes, if you change the name (or number) of a reason code, it will impact reporting moving forward. Historically, those values are already written to the DB.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I'm actually more thinking it's alphabetical and not numeric. What I see some customers doing is, they put the same number, as a prefix to the name.

E.g., If you had this: Lunch then you change it to 1-Lunch

However, note that it's not numeric order, so 1-Lunch and 11-Break would be next to each other, leaving 2-Meeting separated from 1-Lunch. To avoid this, you could always use two digit numbers. I.e., 01-Lunch

And yes, if you change the name (or number) of a reason code, it will impact reporting moving forward. Historically, those values are already written to the DB.

Anthony,

Thank you for this information.

Many thanks,

Richard