Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7.0(2) Basics

melwoods
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have some basic questions regarding scripts and their application in UCCX.  I'm brand spanking new to this so show me some love here.  :-)

1) When uploading a modified or new script to the repository, are there any services to restart or does UCCX require a reboot?

2) Under App Management, if there is a new or modified script to use/apply to an existing application, can it be selected and Updated on the fly or will this require some sort of service restart or UCCX reboot?

3) Is there a way to test a script (its flow) before applying it to a production application?

As always, I appreciate the support of this community and thank you all in advance for your assistance.

Melvin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
  1. No but you need to refresh the script and application for it to take effect. There is an circular arrow icon to the right of both for this. When you upload content to the repo it is stored in the database; however, the engine executes from the file system for speed purposes. The refresh operation forces a copy of the file out of the DB to the file system.
  2. You can change it on the fly; however, be aware that any Parameter-type variables (i.e. variables you see on the application's configuration webpage where you select the script) will be cleared. I would recommend a screenshot or similar before changing the value in the dropdown so you know what they were before.
  3. No but you can create a test application/trigger and apply it to that. Be careful not to create infinite loops or logic errors as these can crash the engine which would affect all applications. The Tools > Validate option within the editor helps to catch the worst offenses but it is not perfect.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
  1. No but you need to refresh the script and application for it to take effect. There is an circular arrow icon to the right of both for this. When you upload content to the repo it is stored in the database; however, the engine executes from the file system for speed purposes. The refresh operation forces a copy of the file out of the DB to the file system.
  2. You can change it on the fly; however, be aware that any Parameter-type variables (i.e. variables you see on the application's configuration webpage where you select the script) will be cleared. I would recommend a screenshot or similar before changing the value in the dropdown so you know what they were before.
  3. No but you can create a test application/trigger and apply it to that. Be careful not to create infinite loops or logic errors as these can crash the engine which would affect all applications. The Tools > Validate option within the editor helps to catch the worst offenses but it is not perfect.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thank you Jonathan.  This is just the type of information I was looking for.