cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.0.2 Failover Install Issue

SAN J
Level 2
Level 2

Got an existing UCCX on 8.0.2 with SU3. Got license updated to reflect HA capability. I tried to install the 2nd node with a base 8.0.2 disc and patch it at the beginning of the install with the SU3. Everything seems to go well but then I had issues when it came time to enter the First node info. It keeps saying it can't find it and to check the IPs, hostname, security pwd, etc. I reset the Security pwd using pwrecovery/pwreset on the first node so I know that's not the issue after it errored again after entering the second time. For testing, I also tried connecting a PC and assigning it the same IP as this new server (while this new server was unplugged momentarily from the network) and did some ping tests to the first node and it was successful. I also tried adding DNS to this box (as well as entries to the DNS server) but to no avail. I'm planning on re-installing this server one more time from the ground up but am not sure if I'm going to run into the same exact issue again. The servers are across QMOE whic I think is supported on 8X. The location is 3 hours away from my house so I'd rather do it the second time and be done with it. Anyway, looking for some suggestions on what I can do or look for as I'm stomped at this time. Much appreciated.

3 Replies 3

harsun
Level 1
Level 1

have added secondary server from administration page on the primary server yet? make sure ytou have entry there first.

have a look on event/mcvd log or do a sniffer on parimary server, which might give a bit more clue.

utils network capture count 100000 file sniffer size all

MTP/security pass/Primary configuration

Thanks harsun. I did have the secondary server added to the server list on the primary box prior to install of the second nnode. I'll have a look at the logs and see what I can find.

I did have a question about DNS though. Since the primary server would show up with a hostname as the default entry in the Server list by default (not an IP Address) and if you don't happen to use DNS for both first and second node, will this possibly cause an issue with the install of the second node not seeing the first node? Just wondering. We did add DNS entries as part of the troubleshooting but am not sure if the IT Admin person did this correctly. Since part of the install of the second node asks for both Hostname and IP Address of the first node, I would assume it checks both? I'm just looking at every possibility.  THanks again for the response...

either way, just do a ping test from any of the hosts, which use same DNS server, as long as you have correct ip address returns, you should be good. DNS is an extra failure point, so if you have issue with adding server into cluster, without DNS is prefered.

let me know how it goes.