cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 Script - Variable changes when starting debug

Michael Martin
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to read an XML file for the holiday date function. I keep getting an error that docdatelist has no value. Prior to stating the debug I set the docdatelist variable (the type is document) to DOC[holidaydates.xml] . After i start debugging  and pass the "start" step the docdatelist  value automatically changes to NULL. I understand why.

Attached are 2 screen shots.

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't have an answer for you, but I wanted to say that this is happening to me too.  The system I am on is 8.5(1)SU4ES02_15.

Good luck.  Keep us posted.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

I think I found a bug that matches this.  Take a look at CSCue59553.  It affects these non-reactive debugs.  It also mentions affecting applications without a trigger.  I've still got a TAC case open on this waiting for confirmation, but I think this will be our issue. 

Symptom:

1. When using the non-reactive debugging feature of the Unified Contact Center Express Editor to step through a Document step, such as "Create XML Document", it fails to execute showing the following error message:

"Source Document variable "start" has null value"

2. When calling an Application bound to a script containing a Document step, such as "Create XML Document" from another script with the 'Trigger Application' step, the XML object is not populated and data from the XML file is not processed.

Conditions:

Unified Contact Center Express versions with the fix for CSCuc15580 (versions: 8.5(1)SU4+).

As part of the fix for CSCuc15580, an active Trigger (ContactApplicationTrigger) was made compulsory to access the XML document data using Create XML Document step. Non-reactively debugging or calling an Application without a Trigger from the 'Trigger Application' step does not product a ContactApplicationTrigger.

Workaround:

1. Use Reactive Debugging from the UCCX Editor instead.

2. Redirect the call from the originating script to the destination Application referencing the script that contains the Document steps instead of using the 'Trigger Application' step. Symptom:
1. When using the non-reactive debugging feature of the Unified Contact Center Express Editor to step through a Document step, such as "Create XML Document", it fails to execute showing the following error message:
"Source Document variable "start" has null value"
2. When calling an Application bound to a script containing a Document step, such as "Create XML Document" from another script with the 'Trigger Application' step, the XML object is not populated and data from the XML file is not processed.
Conditions:
Unified Contact Center Express versions with the fix for CSCuc15580 (versions: 8.5(1)SU4+).
As part of the fix for CSCuc15580, an active Trigger (ContactApplicationTrigger) was made compulsory to access the XML document data using Create XML Document step. Non-reactively debugging or calling an Application without a Trigger from the 'Trigger Application' step does not product a ContactApplicationTrigger.
Workaround:
1. Use Reactive Debugging from the UCCX Editor instead.
2. Redirect the call from the originating script to the destination Application referencing the script that contains the Document steps instead of using the 'Trigger Application' step.