Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8 callback options

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I've been doing some reading/searching about callback options.  We're running UCCX 8.  I've found lots of posts with good ideas.  Is the general consensus still that the caller would leave a message/number, and that message would be placed in a new queue (https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3213847#3213847)

I assume an alternative is that the callers could simply leave a Unity voicemail message, which would then create an email.  That email could even go into UCCX's email option to get queued (w/ Premium licensing).

Bill

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes that is still how we do CallBacks in UCCX.  However, you don't even need the mesage, you could just playback the calling number of the customer to the Agent and that would be sufficient enough to trigger a call back.

What you said about the email queue thing sounds interesting but I have never done it, and quite frankly, it's a little too complicated for me to ever trust it in a production environment.  UCCX call to a VM Box to SMTP relay with attached message into Exchange then into UCCX via IMAP.

Of course, don't just take my word for it.  Let's let others chime in.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.