Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX CAD/Jabber i

Can someone point me in the right direction where I can find Cisco’s recommendations  regarding the use of Jabber as the answering/calling device for Cisco desk top agent.  Both to be installed on the same PC.

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There are a few exceptions noted in the release notes, obvious stuff like 'no video' : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_0/release/guide/UCCX_BK_RA1A036D_00_release-notes_release10.html

Are you stuck with something specific or just looking for guidance?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron

Thanks for that, from the matrix I see   jabber is compatible with CAD.

I have an intermittent  problem  with a few of the agents  running jabber/CAD, getting a pop up  saying ‘the agent extension is out of service. Ready state change and call control operations cannot be performed'.   Jabber cannot be used and to restore service the agent  logs  out of jabber and back in, and then logs into CAD.

I suspect the CAD/UCCX can't see the Jabber client so now I am sure Jabber/CAD is supported  on a PC will work to capture traces.

Note: no problem with hard devices

Hi

So it sounds like you have basic Jabber problems. CAD controls jabber the same way as via the phone - it connects to CTIManager on CUCM, and that performs the control. It doesn't 'directly' communicate with the app on the PC.

It sounds to me like jabber is just going unregistered -do you see this in CUCM on the phones page? It could be a Jabber bug; could be a lack of QoS  on traffic from the PCs (whereas phones are more likely to be correctly QoS-ified) etc.

I'd look at basic stability of Jabber, and come back to CAD. CAD will just 'notice' problems faster than humans, as it is immediately notified by CTIManager if anything happens... for eaxmple if you modify  a line in CUCM  when a CAD agent is logged into the phone, it will throw an error up like the one you see, even if the agent doesn't notice the phone blinking.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!