cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reporting on Transfered Calls

ian-heath
Level 1
Level 1

A customer of mine has the following (I think slightly unconventional) requirement and I need to understand any consequences of this workflow in relation to reporting.

Caller will hear a welcome announcement then the call will be passed straight to a CSQ.

Once a 1st line support agent answers the call they will attempt to answer the query, if they can then the call will be terminated.  However if they cannot do so they will then transfer the call to a 2nd line support person.  This transfer needs to be a consult transfer since the 1st line agent will need to provide a verbal update to the 2nd line support person before connecting them to the original caller.  If the 2nd line support person is not available the agent will arrange a callback with the caller.

My initial thoughts were that the only agents needed were then ones in the CSQ, i.e. the 1st line support people.  Then the 2nd line support people would just be CUCM phone users.  Obviously this would restrict the reporting available once the call has been transferred to the non-agent 2nd line people.

My second thought was to make the 2nd line people agents too (albeit without any CSQ membership since they'd only ever receive calls which are transferred to them from the 1st line agents.  I assume this would then provide me with more information reporting-wise.

My next thought was to create a CSQ for the 2nd line people but not publish the phone number (since calls need to always be transferred to them from the 1st line team).  This option would mean that the 1st line support team wouldn't have to try specific 2nd line agents to see who's available.

Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

FYI, I will be using UCCX 9.x

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

re: 2nd line, the main question would be whether or not they need to contact specific second line guys. If they do, then a general 2nd line queue wouldn't work.

In terms or reporting, you would see calls sent to 2nd line as 'transferred out' in the reports even if the 2nd line team are not CCX agents.

Yes, you would get better reports on calls and what happens to them if you had 2nd line as agents, and it allows the customer more flexibility when they invariably decide to change things later :-)

Perhaps using Jabber (or Lync , whatever you have) may improve things in terms of contacting second line, it can be a good way to quickly see who is available and for the 2nd line to triage calls.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

re: 2nd line, the main question would be whether or not they need to contact specific second line guys. If they do, then a general 2nd line queue wouldn't work.

In terms or reporting, you would see calls sent to 2nd line as 'transferred out' in the reports even if the 2nd line team are not CCX agents.

Yes, you would get better reports on calls and what happens to them if you had 2nd line as agents, and it allows the customer more flexibility when they invariably decide to change things later :-)

Perhaps using Jabber (or Lync , whatever you have) may improve things in terms of contacting second line, it can be a good way to quickly see who is available and for the 2nd line to triage calls.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron.

Yes I was thinking that re. the 2nd line team although the advantage of using a 2nd line CSQ would be that the 1st line guys would only have to make 1 call to find a (hopefully) available 2nd line agent (rather than potentially trying a few). However since there has to be a warm handover I was thinking that if there are no 2nd line agents available at that time the script would drop the call so that the 1st line guy quickly knew no one's available so they can return to the caller and arrange a call back.

Also I agree that making them all agents will future-proof the setup too :-)

Ian