Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Cannot hop partitions

ahochau_2
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

To prevent users from calling CTI Ports I have created a separate partion for all of the UCCX numbers. We will call this partition UCCX-PT.

All of my user extensions reside in a Line1 partition called Line1-PT.

I created two Calling Search Spaces, UCCX-CSS and Internal-CSS. The UCCX-CSS contains the UCCX-PT, while the Internal-CSS contains the Line1-PT.

I put the CTI Route point for my applications in the Line1-PT but assigned the UCCX-CSS to both the line and the device. In theory, I should beable to call the CTI Route Point and have my application work. How ever, all I get is a 5 second long pause followed by a slow busy.

If the UCCX-PT is in the Internal-CSS, it works just fine.

If I place my phone in the UCCX-PT, and assign the UCCX-CSS to the line, it works fine.

I added a line in the UCCX-PT (2222)on the phone. My CTI route Point (1111) is put in the UCCX-PT with all of the CTI Ports. I created a Translation rule (3333) in Line1-PT with a CSS of UCCX-CSS. My phone is in Line1-PT with Internal-CSS (containing only Line1-PT) If I translate the 3333 to 2222, the call completes normally. If I translate the 3333 to 1111, 5 second pause, busy signal.

While putting the UCCX-PT in the Interal-CSS causes things to work, it does not solve the problem. I should be able to configure this the same way voicemail ports are configured.

Help!

1 Reply 1

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

well I think I somehow ran into something with this very similar earlier this year. Essentially I think I found out trying to segment out the order you think the CTI Route Point, CTI Port and Device CSS / PT need to be. After as extensive of testing as we could, we finally merged things into a single dial-plan. AKA the CTI Route Point and CTI Ports, both cound be seen by the phone, and could both see the user's PT.

Cheers!

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: