Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Fail Over

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Everyone

I wanted to know is there a way to make the phones in a call center fail over to a hand full of cell phones in case the UCCX servers go down. My director really wants the call center users to all ways be able to be reached I think by us having a HA pair that would be good enough but I want to see if what he is asking is doable.Thanks in advance for the help and I look forward to your replies.

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can configure the CTI Route points used by CCX with call forward unregistered to point to backup number, i.e. hunt pilot and then create a hunt list and line group(s) where the agent's non-ACD extensions are assigned to. It is important not to add agent ACD extensions to these line groups as that is not supported by Cisco, so if agents have personal lines you can use them or add "backup lines" for this purpose.  With this setup it both CCX servers are down the CTI route point will unregister and forward the calls to desired destination. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can configure the CTI Route points used by CCX with call forward unregistered to point to backup number, i.e. hunt pilot and then create a hunt list and line group(s) where the agent's non-ACD extensions are assigned to. It is important not to add agent ACD extensions to these line groups as that is not supported by Cisco, so if agents have personal lines you can use them or add "backup lines" for this purpose.  With this setup it both CCX servers are down the CTI route point will unregister and forward the calls to desired destination. 

Thanks alot Chris I really appreciate the help.