Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX failed to save script file, please check logs for further details 10.x

Fedor Solovev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I faced this problem during using CCX Script Editor.

I found this post:  Can not save script https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11813876/can-not-save-script

but I didn't find the answer there.

Really, I have no issue with UCCX 8.6, but it occur during UCCX 10.x administration

(I have tryed it with a couple of separated CCX Editors PC installed connected to a couple of UCCX 10.x)

It is possible, and more that, it is safer to save the script from Web of UCCX but configure and troubleshoot it from CCX Editor.

But I wish I could write a script right from CCX Editor too.

May be someone found out how is it possible ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What exactly your question is. I am putting down the questions below that I understood, feel free to correct if I am wrong

1) Can you save the script directly from the CCX Editor

Yes you can do that. In case, you are not able to do so then make sure that you are downloading the correct plugin of CCX Editor from UCCX 10 web page and install the same followed by the PC reboot and then try.

In case, you already have done above then be aware of the below defect that exists on 10.5 version

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCun00611/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Run below commands from the publisher UCCX CLI to find the Super User and the user with administrator capabilities respectively and try to login into CCX Editor with one of these users

run sql select * from mmca_propertydef where propertyname='OAMP.Superuser'

show uccx appadmin administrators

Note : UserID is case sensitive so make sure you are typing it exactly as the output received after running the above commands

2) Can you save the script from CCX Administration page

Yes you can do that as well. In case, you are getting error trying changing the browser

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What exactly your question is. I am putting down the questions below that I understood, feel free to correct if I am wrong

1) Can you save the script directly from the CCX Editor

Yes you can do that. In case, you are not able to do so then make sure that you are downloading the correct plugin of CCX Editor from UCCX 10 web page and install the same followed by the PC reboot and then try.

In case, you already have done above then be aware of the below defect that exists on 10.5 version

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCun00611/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Run below commands from the publisher UCCX CLI to find the Super User and the user with administrator capabilities respectively and try to login into CCX Editor with one of these users

run sql select * from mmca_propertydef where propertyname='OAMP.Superuser'

show uccx appadmin administrators

Note : UserID is case sensitive so make sure you are typing it exactly as the output received after running the above commands

2) Can you save the script from CCX Administration page

Yes you can do that as well. In case, you are getting error trying changing the browser

Regards

Deepak

It is interesting.

I found out that UCCX from output of commands have rights.

I don't remember I created it.

So your answer is correct. Commands work and shows users.

Necessary, that user was in the Cisco Unified CCX Administratorgroup.

Thank you.