Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Finesse - Send Agents Credentials to URL through Gadget

kenny.araya
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am integrating Finesse with ZenDesk to create tickets automatically every time an agent receives a call.

At this point I have managed to send the request to ZenDesk for every call through a WorkFlow with the call details needed to create the ticket in the body, however the agents have to enter a username and password for the first call after they login, they don't have to do that for the rest of the calls, until they logout and log back in.

I am trying to send the credentials automatically through Gadget ExternalRestApiSampleGadget so agents don't have to login within Finesse. I have been asked to include the username and password in the header of a GET request to accomplish this. I am using the following document as reference to modify the Gadget's code: https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/finesse-sample-code/tree/master/ExternalRestApiSampleGadget

Step 4 indicates the following: 4. If the external REST API requires an authorization header, uncomment the line of code that adds the authorization to the options object. If the authorization type is Basic Auth, then you can skip to the next step.

I did uncomment the line of code that add the authorization to the options object, however it is not clear for me where to edit/add the authorization field in the options object.

Screenshots of the Workflow configuration and Gadget are attached along with the template of the Gadget.

Thanks in advance for your help on this!

Kenny

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 14.44.06.pngScreenshot 2021-11-29 at 15.34.18.pngScreenshot 2021-11-29 at 15.22.25.png

1 Reply 1

ExternalRestApiSampleGadget will not work with Finesse Workflows. If you would like to use it, you have to code all actions inside the gadget. You can use this sample as a template.

There is another option. Instead of direct execution of workflow HTTP POST requests, Finesse can publish an event inside a gadget container. So, you can write a special proxy gadget that adds the authorization headers to the requests specified by workflow configuration. This is flexible and elegant solution but more advanced.