Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX GET XML Document data - how to force language path

Hi,

I saw that with UCCX, If the trigger have is language FR_CA, when I will use the Get XML Document Data (docTemp, etc,etc )

It will get the value of the file located in the path of  FR_CA in the document management.

Lets say, If the trigger language is FR_CA, Is there any way I can use the GET XML Document to open a file in the EN_CA in the document management ?

How can I do that ?

ps : The upload document have this function, we can force a language but I have no idea how to handle this with the Get XML Document.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You wouldn't do it with the Get XML Document data step, but instead, you would do it with the Create XML Document step.

When you enter the document name at the top append this: @ L[en_CA]

Example: If your document variable was named: my_xml_document, then you would enter: my_xml_document @ L[en_CA]

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

I will attach a screenshot of how you can specify the language folder that the Document lives in, regardless of the language of the Trigger or Contact.

Notice that in the variable I am simply referencing the Document filename.  This will assume the language of the Contact.

But also notice that within the step, I am saying that the Source document should be found in the L[en_CA] language folder. This does not change the language of the Contact; it simply tells the system to look in a different folder for the file.

Of course, if your Document is not language specific, you could always put it in the Default language folder and then it will be available to all Contacts regardless of Language setting.

Anthony Holloway

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You wouldn't do it with the Get XML Document data step, but instead, you would do it with the Create XML Document step.

When you enter the document name at the top append this: @ L[en_CA]

Example: If your document variable was named: my_xml_document, then you would enter: my_xml_document @ L[en_CA]

Anthony Holloway

Anthony,

thanks for your help...

I am not sure to understand your idea, What I am trying to do is to read an xml file that allready exist, I use the get xml to read it.

You tell me I can use a the Create XML document step to Read a file that allready exist ?

Please let me know,

Also If you have a screenshot of it, it would be really nice !

Regards,

Your thing work with the get XML,

I do a Get XML Document Data

Document

docXML_TEST

DOC[TEST.xml]@L[en_CA]

it will read the one in en_CA even if the trigger is in French,

super..

Thanks

I will attach a screenshot of how you can specify the language folder that the Document lives in, regardless of the language of the Trigger or Contact.

Notice that in the variable I am simply referencing the Document filename.  This will assume the language of the Contact.

But also notice that within the step, I am saying that the Source document should be found in the L[en_CA] language folder. This does not change the language of the Contact; it simply tells the system to look in a different folder for the file.

Of course, if your Document is not language specific, you could always put it in the Default language folder and then it will be available to all Contacts regardless of Language setting.

Anthony Holloway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: