Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Help Required

tahirjamil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer is using UCCX 8.5 which is integrated with CRM. their client dial-in  to register a complaint, once complaint is being registered,Agent call back to their client for getting more details. Mean while Agent change the case status from "pending" to "work in Progress" in CRM. he want to change the status automatically when agent dial out to the client. 

I don't have idea how can I start working on it. does UCCX can manage to send such alert, so CRM can change the status from pending to "work in Progress" etc.I just need an idea how can I start working on it. 

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's unclear from your description whether the initial call from the client is also handled by an agent or if that is IVR self service that creates a case programmatically.

Also, when an agent makes an outbound call to the client to follow-up on the case is this handled by the Direct Preview Outbound campaign or a direct call from the agent's phone? If the later, how does the agent initiate the call: manually dialing it on their phone or clicking a link/button within the CRM?

Hello JS,

Thanks for the response, here is detail.

1. call 1st come on IVR, and IVR creates a case automatically and then transfer that call to agent according to skill set,in 1st step agent gets the necessary information and update the case accordingly in CRM, later technical agent manually call back to client from his/her phone for further action plan,at this time agent change the case status in CRM"working on case" etc. Agent want to program it automatically rather manually  changing the status.

Regard

Tahir

The short answer is a 'no'. CCX isn't capable of doing what you're asking of it. The slightly longer answer is there are several technical barriers to doing this:

1. The CCX IVR engine is not involved in the manually dialed outbound call from the agent's physical phone. Because of that you lack any programatic intelligence that could issue database or web service calls to manipulate the CRM database.
  2. Similarly, CAD Call Workflow actions do not trigger on non-ACD calls so CAD cannot initiate the action either.
  3. Even if you went through the effort of creating an IVR application that initiated the call on behalf of the agent just so you have the ability to trigger a database write you wouldn't know whether the agent actually spoke with the customer, got forwarded to voicemail, or reached the wrong number. You would be placing the CRM case in a "working on case" state even though actual work may not be happening.

A more feasible approach would be to configure a button in the CRM application that initiates a call (e.g. an IPC to CAD, TAPI call to the locally installed TSP on the agent's PC, or a server-side TAPI/JTAPI integration from CRM to CUCM). With that in place, have the CRM tool prompt the agent asking whether the customer answered. If they did then have the CRM tool change the case state to "working on case". If not, then perhaps the CRM tool just logs the call attempt in the case and resets the follow-up timer for the agent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: