cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Jabber version compatbility update needed

Todd Hebert
Level 5
Level 5

Looking for updated documentation for UCCX officially supported Jabber version.  Currently all the documentation in the docwiki site references Jabber for Windows 9.6, but that just went EOL on Dec 17, 2014 and will go EOS later this year.  Jabber 10.6 is about to be released and we're looking to start deploying Jabber in our call center but want to go with the UCCX officially supported Jabber version.  Anyone have a timeframe or information on this?

4 Replies 4

Indeed I am surprised that only 9.6 is officially supported with UCCX (even with the latest 10.6)

Is this a mistake or not ?

Hi ,

UCCX 10.6(1) was available since 15-Dec-2014 and Jabber 10.6(0) since 27-Jan-2015.

The document was created on 16-Dec-2014 ... I think that it describes the IP Phones that was available at that time (16-Dec-2014).

In other words, I don't think Jabber 10.6(0) will not be supported by UCCX 10.6(1) ... the documentation just need to be updated.

Note: for any future reference ... UCCX Software Compatibility Matrix 10.6(x).

Hope this helps.

djlundberg
Level 5
Level 5

Jabber for Windows 10.6.1 is now listed as a supported end-point, but only in UCCX 10.6 with one caveat:

4. Unified CCX supports Cisco Jabber for Windows as an agent device only for voice interaction. For home agents, set Jabber to Extend Mode so that the agents can select or edit the remote destination number. 

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_10.6(1)#SIP_Phones

DJ

That is most excellent.  We are running UCCX 10.6 and just finished deploying Jabber 10.6 to our agents last week.  Minus a few end-user "training" issues all is well and now it is officially supported!  Thanks for updating the documentation.