Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Outbound Campaign: keep track of failed attempts

omaralrafei
Level 1
Level 1

The problem: 

I need to send an SMS when the outbound campaign fails to reach a customer for the third time. This means that I need to create a script that checks all of the attempts made by the outbound campaign to reach the customers, then, send an SMS by an external REST API when the number of attempts to reach a customer is three.

As I understand it, this cannot be done from the CCX Editor as the outbound campaign only triggers the application when the customer answers the phone. Therefore, I’m asking if there is a way that can extract the number of attempts from the historical records of the IVR Outbound Campaign so that I can code a script that solves the issue.

7 Replies 7

Hey.

You can use the UCCX REST api to extract the data of contacts in an outbound campaign

Get List of Pending Contacts for Campaign with Specific Call Status - Contact Center Express - Document - Cisco DevNet

Here you can se have many call attemps etc for each contact for at specific campaign

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

omaralrafei
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Thomas,

I already thought of using this REST API but I don't think that it would suit me. This API would only provide information about pending contacts, however I need to collect information about contacts that reached the maximum number of retries from the outbound campaign (not included in this REST API)

Make sense :-).

You can make a DB connection to the db_cra informix where you can look in the dialingList or DialingListhistory table and look for the callStatus 5.

Here you can se a status of all your contact:

The status of the contact record:
1 = Pending. The call is pending.
2 = Active. The record is sent (active) to the Outbound subsystem for dialing.
3 = Closed. The record is closed.
4 = Callback. The record is marked for a callback.
5 = Max Calls. Maximum attempts have been reached for this record (considered closed).
6 = Retry. The call is redialed immediately whenever there is any miss.
7 = Unknown. If the Outbound subsystem was restarted with records in the Active (2) state, the records are moved to this state.
8 = Retries with delay. The call is redialed as it was either busy, no answer, customer abandoned or system abandoned. Retry time is set as per the corresponding configuration in the Unified CCX Application Administration web interface.

Thanks, Thomas G. J.

which version of ccx are you running ?

Thanks, Thomas G. J.

I'm running version 12.5 of uccx.

Regarding your solution,

Accessing the database can only be done using CLI inside a software like Putty. Do you have any suggestion on how to get the output into another script?

Accessing the database can be done thru ODBC and normal SQL (Unless your company has special restricting on your network)

The IBM informix ODBC uses port 1504 to connect, and then you can use whatever scripting to extatrct data. (Im using C# as and windows service to read DB entries and make logic )

Even as and linked server in MSSQL

Thanks, Thomas G. J.

You need to have an middleware server that connects to the DB and do your logic and sending the SMS.

You can't do what you want out of the box.

Thanks, Thomas G. J.