Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Pre-Select Agent prompt the Agent's ID

rock981119
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'am Testing UCCX 7.0, and create the script like ICD script. If use 'Connect' or 'Select Resource' UCCX will find the Agent

direct. We wanna kwon how to insert a prompt, prompt the Agent's ID to customer  before agent pickup the phone.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Psuedo Code

select resource

selected

play prompt selected resources id

connect

connected

end

failed

goto start_of_queue

queued

label start_of_queue

1. In the select resource step, choose to not connect automatically.  This forces you to save the agent user ID in a variable for use in the connect step

2. you can either straight up play the agent user ID, which would be boring, or, you can get the agents spoken name with a play prompt step and play that back.

EDIT: Formatting

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Psuedo Code

select resource

selected

play prompt selected resources id

connect

connected

end

failed

goto start_of_queue

queued

label start_of_queue

1. In the select resource step, choose to not connect automatically.  This forces you to save the agent user ID in a variable for use in the connect step

2. you can either straight up play the agent user ID, which would be boring, or, you can get the agents spoken name with a play prompt step and play that back.

EDIT: Formatting

Thx Anthony, that script is very helpfu.

I think 'choose to not connect automatically' is the key point.

In that script, how can i create the individual ID for each Agent, and invoking the ID variable?

If we can invoking the ID variable, we can use 'Generated Prompt' to create Prompt.

If we manual create ID variable, then how to make the ID variable relate to the agent?

Ha-ha, thx again.

I'm not sure what you are asking, but here's a deeper example:

Say the Agent selected was aholloway, and you stored that ID in the variable selected_agent_id.  In your Prompt Directory, you could have a folder named "Agents", and a file in that folder named "aholloway.wav".  That audio file could say my spoken name, or a greeting, or anything else.

The play prompt step could look like this:

Play Prompt(--Triggering Contact--, P[agent_prompt_dir + selected_agent_id + prompt_extension])

Where:

String agent_prompt_dir = "Agents/"

String selected_agent_id = ""

String prompt_extension = ".wav"

I know this is an old post, but how do you know what format the user variable is when sent out of the Select Resource step.  The way the documentation is worded it could be a user id or an extension.  Can you force it to be the user ID?

Thanks,

-C

The Select Resource step will only produce a User object.

I made an assumption that you would be able to convert the User object to a string.

You would use the ?.getId() method on the User Object to get the username of the User.

Of course, your AD team could have user id's setup as numbers instead of names.  But regardless, this will still work.

Additionally, I don't know why I didn't mention this originally, but there is a builtin process for assigning prompts to Agents, and it's managed with the spoken name upload script.  If you were to use that feature, then you would get the Agent's recording (their spoken name, or whatever they choose to record) via the Get User Info step.  And because the Get User Info step requires a User Object, and your Select Resource Step produces a User Object, you should be good to go.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

The .getId() method is what I was missing.

Thanks Anthony!