cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX reporting - CUIC and 3rd-party options

brian.k.clarke
Level 5
Level 5

Several of our UCC Express customers have pined for better reporting options, and were extremely interested/excited about CUIC as an option when 9.x  became available. As it turned out, the UCCX version of CUIC is painfully limited, and the dirt-cheap "lab/customer" version is as well - you can't export info from UCCX to the lab edition to rework, etc.

It's that simple - we're looking for options for better UCCX reporting. If there were better development/integration tools for CUIC, that'd be awesome. If not, I'm looking for 3rd-party options that others are using to better provide the report granularity that customers are demanding.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Grazie, Carlo :-)

@bkccards64: this may or may not be a valid argument, but I have been around IP contact centers for the last ten years, seen a few out of the box reporting solutions, but sooner or later, all of my customers wanted something more. Read: combining multiple entities on the same page (why not), importing information from an external source (sure, this may be helpful), or they just wanted to have the same look and feel as their company's standard.

CUIC is not bad, but it's basic. But if your customer wants to use his contact center's full potential (and most of the customers do, they have already made that commitment, by investing a large sum of money into it), then they won't be satisfied with a basic solution.

G.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi.
You can give a look to the Imagicle website.
They have many interesting tools for repoting.

www.imagicle.com

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

there is a number of products on the market, offering out of the box reporting. You may want to take a look at the Cisco Marketplace.

Also, if you are ready to build your own reports - my choice -, check out the free/open source projects for custom reporting. Again, if I may recommend, BIRT.

G.

Great tip Greg

+5 all day long

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

brian.k.clarke
Level 5
Level 5

Thanks for the feedback - in a perfect world, we could find training resources and/or development tools to supplement their lab edition of Cisco Unified Intelligence Center (CUIC). It's a valid reporting engine w/ a decent frontend, but the lab edition simply doesn't allow much flexibility - again, you can't seem to extract data out of the production UCCX (existing CUIC reports, for example) to customize them. It appears you have to build every report from scratch.

I think the customer would be open to 3rd-party options, if there's no other way of making CUIC do the job - I just want to make sure of that before positioning something else.

Thanks again

Grazie, Carlo :-)

@bkccards64: this may or may not be a valid argument, but I have been around IP contact centers for the last ten years, seen a few out of the box reporting solutions, but sooner or later, all of my customers wanted something more. Read: combining multiple entities on the same page (why not), importing information from an external source (sure, this may be helpful), or they just wanted to have the same look and feel as their company's standard.

CUIC is not bad, but it's basic. But if your customer wants to use his contact center's full potential (and most of the customers do, they have already made that commitment, by investing a large sum of money into it), then they won't be satisfied with a basic solution.

G.