cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Script Error

kmusgraves
Level 1
Level 1

My issue while try to write a script for using state changeability. I am getting an error when reading my XML file into the script. the error is "§com.cisco.wf.steps.io.XMLDocument§com.cisco.wf.steps.io.XMLDocument@0§". I am new to scripting and can not figure out what's the trouble with my XML file. Any ideal community?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It works for me.  Here's what I did:

1. Saved your RTF file
  2. Opened your RTF file in Word Pad
  3. CTRL+A and CTRL+C to copy all content out
  4. Opened Notepad++ and CTRL+v to paste
  5. Saved As test.xml
  6. Uploaded to UCCX Document Repository
  7. Created a new script and used the Create XML Document Step to convert DOC[test.xml] to a Document variable called xml

You can see below, that the conversion was successful, and it even changed your encoding to UTF-8 (must be hard coded in Cisco's code).

xml.png

So, unless the data you removed is causing an issue, I would recommend you re-upload the document, and click the Refresh button to the right of the document name on the UCCX web page.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I would guess that either the file cannot be read, or it can, but the contents of the file are not valid XML. Can you post the file for us to look at? If not, can you try with a much simpler file like:

<root><child>value</child></root>

I sending you a copy of the XML that I change to .rft so that file could be uploaded. I removed the actual pins and real names. Everything else is pretty much the same.

It works for me.  Here's what I did:

1. Saved your RTF file
  2. Opened your RTF file in Word Pad
  3. CTRL+A and CTRL+C to copy all content out
  4. Opened Notepad++ and CTRL+v to paste
  5. Saved As test.xml
  6. Uploaded to UCCX Document Repository
  7. Created a new script and used the Create XML Document Step to convert DOC[test.xml] to a Document variable called xml

You can see below, that the conversion was successful, and it even changed your encoding to UTF-8 (must be hard coded in Cisco's code).

xml.png

So, unless the data you removed is causing an issue, I would recommend you re-upload the document, and click the Refresh button to the right of the document name on the UCCX web page.

Thanks for your help. I found a missing XML.

Doc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: