cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX script to collect dtmf digits and reproduce them for confirmation

dgonzalez1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I want to know if it is possible, which I guess it is, and in this case if someone knows of a script sample that collects dtmf digits (for example for a social securiry number) and then play a prompt that says something like "You have entered xxxxxxxx, if this is correct press one, otherwise press two".

I suppose you should have the prompts for every digit, but how do you make the script play each digit based on the number the user entered?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @dgonzalez1 ,

It is very easy to do in the UCCX script. Split your message into 3 parts:
"You have entered" - let's say this is a Prompt variable prompt1 
- xxxxxxxx - this will be a generated variable prompt2 
- "if this is correct press one, otherwise press two". - this is a Prompt variable prompt3

First, with Get Digit String receive customer input as String (variable securityNumber). Then add a Create Generated Prompt
step and use these properties:

Tab   Property Value or Names Values
General Generator Type spelling  
  Constructor Type (string)  
  Arguments string: securityNumber
  Override Language    
  Output Prompt prompt2  

This step will generate the variable prompt2 from system wav files based on your customer input.

Then lets combine 3 prompts together using  a Create Container Prompt step. The result will be placed to another Prompt variable - menuPrompt. The properties of the Create Container Prompt is there:

Tab Property  Value or Option
General Type Concatenation
  Prompts prompt1
    prompt2
    prompt3
  Override Language  
  Output Prompt menuPrompt

Then you can use this combined prompt (menuPrompt) in your next Menu step where you will ask 1 or 2.

Hope this explanation will help you. 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @dgonzalez1 ,

It is very easy to do in the UCCX script. Split your message into 3 parts:
"You have entered" - let's say this is a Prompt variable prompt1 
- xxxxxxxx - this will be a generated variable prompt2 
- "if this is correct press one, otherwise press two". - this is a Prompt variable prompt3

First, with Get Digit String receive customer input as String (variable securityNumber). Then add a Create Generated Prompt
step and use these properties:

Tab   Property Value or Names Values
General Generator Type spelling  
  Constructor Type (string)  
  Arguments string: securityNumber
  Override Language    
  Output Prompt prompt2  

This step will generate the variable prompt2 from system wav files based on your customer input.

Then lets combine 3 prompts together using  a Create Container Prompt step. The result will be placed to another Prompt variable - menuPrompt. The properties of the Create Container Prompt is there:

Tab Property  Value or Option
General Type Concatenation
  Prompts prompt1
    prompt2
    prompt3
  Override Language  
  Output Prompt menuPrompt

Then you can use this combined prompt (menuPrompt) in your next Menu step where you will ask 1 or 2.

Hope this explanation will help you. 

Ok, thank you Dmytro for your clear response.

I will give it a try.

Thanks.

One more question, where can you specify the language for the system wav files?

Thanks.

The language for the system wav files by default corresponds to your UCCX server language settings. You can see which language is installed for your UCCX in CCX Administration under System -> Language Information. If you need any other language to generate a prompt (prompt2) than a default one, you can override it in the properties of your Create Generated Prompt steps (Override Language field) by specifying the required language code there (for example to L[fr-CA] or any other desired).

Thanks Dmytro.

Some other thing I'm trying to investigate. Is it possible to display these collected digits in the agent's finesse desktop, and/or send them to a CRM system?

And customer is also asking me, is it possible to display this collected number in a CUIC report or CDR report?

Thank you.

Yes, it is definitely possible to display these collected digits on agent's desktop - use Set Enterprise Call Info step in your script and Call Variable Layouts in Finesse for that. 

As for seeing these digits in CUIC reports - I don't remember by heart if there is an opportunity in CUIC to show Finesse Call Variables in the reporting. May be someone else can advise it here, otherwise we have to read the CUIC documentation and report description. 

dgonzalez1
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, thanks! In another thread I found that using the pre-existing Customer Account Number variable it is possible to store the value into the CCDR records.

I'll keep investigating that option.

Thank you.