Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX script variable Deletion

Vijai anand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

In UCCX  script , I have saved as a existing script  and renamed it, Then I  want to delete the variables for the new renamed script .

Please Can any one confirm, it is having any issue for the existing script if i delete the variables in new renamed script.

UCCX version : 10.X version 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If I'm cleaning up variables, I tend to just rename them by adding an X at the start or end.

Then run 'validate'.

If it fails validation as you need the variable back, just rename it again. 

If validation passes, you know you can delete the variable safely.

Doing it this way tends to be quicker and less error prone than deleting them as 'undo' does not undo variable deletes, and you may not remember to re-set the type or default value correctly.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

If the variables you want to delete are not used in any steps in the script you can delete them. If they are used within a script you will have a problem.

I would make a note of the details of each variable before deleting it and then run the Validate Script menu option after deleting. This will tell you if deleting the variable has caused a problem.

hth

James

If I'm cleaning up variables, I tend to just rename them by adding an X at the start or end.

Then run 'validate'.

If it fails validation as you need the variable back, just rename it again. 

If validation passes, you know you can delete the variable safely.

Doing it this way tends to be quicker and less error prone than deleting them as 'undo' does not undo variable deletes, and you may not remember to re-set the type or default value correctly.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!