Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Scripting Self Study Resources

Can someone point me to a good resource to learn more about writing scripts for UCCX.  I've found limited resources on Cisco Learning network.  Any other recommened sites or resources.

Richard

3 Replies 3

Peter G
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Richard,

To get UCCX up and running a good resource is the book by Michael HouTong Luo titled "Deploying Cisco Unified Contact Centre Express" 2nd Edition (isbn-13: 978-1-329-18462-6).  It is for UCCX version 10.5.  It does cost a bit but does give you structured approach to help you set up UCCX.  Scripting is not the focus, but there is one chapter on scripting and bits here and there.  The book focuses more on the all the components used in UCCX and how they fit together. The book provides you with the knowledge to understand how scripts interact with UCCX - often it is harder to access this knowledge that the scripting knowledge itself.

Once you have UCCX up and running, independent scripting resources are hard to find and in the end you will find that the Cisco resources are the best.  The Cisco guides for version 10 are:

Getting Started with Scripts 10.0.1

Editor Step Reference Guide, Release 10.0(1)

Expression Reference Language Guide, Release 10.0(1)

The Cisco documents gives you a more structured approach than what you can find on youtube. Most of the scripts Cisco uses are provided as part of the system install - although you will often have to adapt them to your situation and correct any errors in the documentation yourself. You may have to build your own prompts.  For creating Cisco UCCX compatible recordings, you will find the free version of Audacity is fine. On how to create a Cisco compatible prompt using Audacity, go to this link.

If you start with UCCX 10 series you will have Cisco Agent Desktop, Cisco Supervisor Desktop and UCCX script editor are all included in the distribution.  If you go with 10.6, you will get Finesse as well (although you have to stop all desktop services to use Finesse).

Hope that helps.

Peter

I had no idea that book existed...I just purchased it! Thanks for mentioning it.

Also, you can create a recording application within UCCX itself. Not only will your recording be in the correct format, you don't have to install external software, and you get to learn more scripting!

EDIT: 10/16/2019

Received the book, read it, and I was not very impressed, though I do appreciate the effort and willingness of the author to make such a book.  My main complaints are: it's outdated, it's not deep enough, it has some bad recommendations, it focuses on unimportant aspects while ignoring some pretty important aspects of UCCX.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the feedback regarding the book.....i purchased it before i read you review....Would you say its still a good resource to get started in UCCX? Would be helpful if you can highlight chapters sections which are unimportant........

Also what resources would you recommend to learn UCCX deployment and scripting?