cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX v10.6.1 GUI Firefox Java Support

EYC
Level 1
Level 1

All the modern browsers have moved away from Java and Flash, and from Firefox v52, Java or Javascript does not work. I am running UCCX 10.6.1, in the past, I am using FF to manage UCCX GUI as it is the only broswer that is able to show the drop down menu of the UCCX interface, while now the drop down menu still works, when managing scripts and applications, the delete button does not work. Anyone knows any workaround? or what is cisco going to do with the doing away of Java? Its the same for many other applications like Unity Connection Call Recording, etc.

2 Replies 2

Anoop Krishnan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Please make sure that the java version is up to date using the below link 

Verify Java

Also if this didn't work, make a Firefox refresh , by restoring the browser to a default state, by resetting addons and settings. 

Could you confirm if the drop down option works in IE11 as well?

Regards, 

Anoop

Java 8 Update 121. With Firefox v52 or later does not Work. Uninstalled also the same. Issue is java plugin is disabled. Prior to v52 FF 32 bit can enable java plugins. 64 bit FF does not support Java at all.  Chrome and Internet explorer does not work as well since months ago, you can try to update to the latest version on all browsers and try. While the drop down menu works for FF, the delete pop up confirmation window does not work. Like flash, java are all being phased out by the modern browsers in Windows, Cisco should either do away with Java or provide workaround. The issue will only get worse from here on. Right now, I only found Safari on a MacOS that is able to browse UCCX UI properly with the javascript enabled for pop up confirmation. Thanks.