cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX v7.0(1) upgrade to 10.0(1)

Paul Dunn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have a customer who is currently running UCCX v7.0(1) SR04_Build443 and wants to upgrade to UCCX v10.0(1). What is the best way to achieve this so that Scripts, XML and Prompts etc. currently running on the existing version are copied onto the UCCX v10?

Thanks in advance for your time if you answer.

2 Replies 2

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

UCCX 7.x has  reached EoL quite some time ago. There's no direct upgrade path. You'll have two options:

1. save the contents of all repositories (documents, scripts, prompts), take screen shots of all applications, agent settings etc. Then install UCCX 10.0 and sort of recreate everything. This might sound silly, but it's actually a great chance to remove old and unnecessary configuration and reviewing your scripts. I would personally choose this option.

2. Upgrade to 7.0(2), apply ES3, upgrade to 8.5(1), apply SU4, upgrade to 10.0(1), apply SU1. This is a supported upgrade path but honestly, I would never do this. I guess it's even more time consuming and there's a higher risk of something not copied over for some reason and you'll have to involve TAC.

G.

Thanks for your response to my question, much appreciated. I think your option 1. is the one to go for.