cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UDP port 161 on IPCC/ICM servers

Richard Dumag
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup Solarwinds monitoring via SNMP on our IPCC/ICM servers.  The servers are AW, PGs and Router/Loggers. 

Do the IPCC/ICM applications use UDP port 161?  I cannot start the SNMP service on the servers due to UDP port 161 is already being used. 

According to Windows task manager, the port is used by PID snmpdm.exe.

Any info or comment is appreciated.  Thanks.

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I have a customer using Solar Winds as the NM platform to monitor their ICM/CVP system. You simply want to use the Cisco SNMP agent and configure it. Don't install another agent or use the windows agent.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks for the info Geof!  I got the snmp configured on all of the ICM servers.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to setup snmp on the CVP servers.  It's not the same as ICM.  Why is that?

Yes it's not the same. Why, I do not know.

On ICM Windows boxes you use the MMC snapin, but on CVP you use the Ops Console which writes into cfg files and pushes them to the box.

At the end of the day the basics of community name, access list, trap destination are known by the agent on the ICM or CVP server.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: