cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to get CONFIG_AGENT_EVENT updates

tomotvos
Level 1
Level 1

I have a server application using the UCCE CTI interface to collect data. Part of that requires getting configuration information, specifically agents.

In my case, I can send CONFIG_REQUEST_EVENT with a ConfigInformation mask of 4, to get a dump of current agent configuration. That works as expected, and I get CONFIG_BEGIN_EVENT, a bunch of CONFIG_AGENT_EVENT, and CONFIG_END_EVENT. All agents events have a RecordType of Add.

However, after that initial dump, the documentation suggests I should get updates, as long as in my OPEN_REQ I include a ConfigMsgMask of 4 (for agent config). I do have that mask, and I do not get the updates. 

The documentation could also be read that I need to send another CONFIG_REQUEST_EVENT with a mask of 0 to signal that I am ready to receive updates, the updates being specified by mask in OPEN_REQ. I tried that too, and no updates.

So I am at a loss as to how to get updated agent configuration using the CTI. The protocol version I am requesting is version 16. Suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tomotvos
Level 1
Level 1

It turns out, it was *insufficient* to merely specify the agent update mask (4) in the ConfigMsgMask of the OPEN_REQ message. I was required to specify a mask of 0x0F to ensure that agent changes were correctly sent out.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

tomotvos
Level 1
Level 1

It turns out, it was *insufficient* to merely specify the agent update mask (4) in the ConfigMsgMask of the OPEN_REQ message. I was required to specify a mask of 0x0F to ensure that agent changes were correctly sent out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: