cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to get CONFIG_AGENT_EVENT updates

tomotvos
Level 1
Level 1

I have a server application using the UCCE CTI interface to collect data. Part of that requires getting configuration information, specifically agents.

In my case, I can send CONFIG_REQUEST_EVENT with a ConfigInformation mask of 4, to get a dump of current agent configuration. That works as expected, and I get CONFIG_BEGIN_EVENT, a bunch of CONFIG_AGENT_EVENT, and CONFIG_END_EVENT. All agents events have a RecordType of Add.

However, after that initial dump, the documentation suggests I should get updates, as long as in my OPEN_REQ I include a ConfigMsgMask of 4 (for agent config). I do have that mask, and I do not get the updates. 

The documentation could also be read that I need to send another CONFIG_REQUEST_EVENT with a mask of 0 to signal that I am ready to receive updates, the updates being specified by mask in OPEN_REQ. I tried that too, and no updates.

So I am at a loss as to how to get updated agent configuration using the CTI. The protocol version I am requesting is version 16. Suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tomotvos
Level 1
Level 1

It turns out, it was *insufficient* to merely specify the agent update mask (4) in the ConfigMsgMask of the OPEN_REQ message. I was required to specify a mask of 0x0F to ensure that agent changes were correctly sent out.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

tomotvos
Level 1
Level 1

It turns out, it was *insufficient* to merely specify the agent update mask (4) in the ConfigMsgMask of the OPEN_REQ message. I was required to specify a mask of 0x0F to ensure that agent changes were correctly sent out.